Company’s coming and you haven’t gotten around to renovating your powder room yet. Not to worry, put calling renovateme! on your to do list. For now, decorate your way around your not-so-updated finishes by treating your powder room to a “boutique hotel makeover.” Consider these quick & simple tricks to effortlessly create the fresh powder room look:
- Include a selection of fresh towels. Crisp white towels are always a great go to – try individually wrapped hand towels for your guests. Remember to include somewhere for your guests to place them after use so that you can collect and launder them later. For a Festive twist, try adding interest and whimsy with towel adornments like sprigs of lavender, mint or rosemary, ornaments, candied fruit, candy canes or a cinnamon stick (remember to always include some plain towels as well.) Attach with simple ribbon or twine or even napkin rings.
- Sample sized soaps and hand creams are another nice addition. Your guests can help themselves to spa quality little indulgences and mix and match scents and varieties.
- Include niceties like fresh flowers, a selection of succulents or a potted orchid, and a variety of scented options such as candles or fragrance diffusers in your favourite scent profile or one characteristic of the Season. These bring a subtle scent and help to set mood.
- Consider your powder room interior design from head to toe – add artwork, a sculptural element/pedestal/pouffe and a decorative mat/carpet.
- Include lots of extra supplies like toilet paper rolls so that your guests are not left without.
We would be happy to consult on your next home renovation project. Click here to contact us.
Read a little bit about us and our disclaimer here.