Banana & Butterscotch Ribbon Muffins
What you will need…
1½ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
2 eggs (beaten)
4 bananas (ripe and mashed)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla essence
For a sweet tooth, add ½ cup butterscotch chips
- Melt butter and combine with sugar
- Add eggs, bananas and vanilla essence to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix well
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt
- Combine well the wet and dry mixtures
- Melt butterscotch chips, either in the microwave or ideally in a double boiler. Add a drop of water or milk if the caramel becomes too thick & sticky
- Incorporate into the creamed mixture
- Place muffin cups into a tray and portion batter. Depending on the size of your tray, expect to make +/- 12 – 16 muffins.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes depending on your oven (when an inserted toothpick comes out clean, your muffins should be fully baked and golden brown)
We would be happy to consult on your next home renovation project. Click here to contact us.
Read a little bit about us and our disclaimer here.