Ooey, gooey and oh so good for you too (it’s topped with apples after all,) so the decision is yours, to try or not to try?
- In a large bowl, beat 2 eggs and ¾ cup sugar.
- Add 2 tbsp melted butter and ½ cup milk.
- Incorporate 1 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Pour mixture into a buttered pie dish.
- Place cut, peeled apple slices on top of mixture. You can use cans of pie apple slices instead.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (if desired.)
- Bake at 375°F for approx. 1 hour (ovens vary.)
Make custard syrup and add to the pie when both are still hot. To make syrup, boil 1 cup milk with ¾ cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and 2 tbsp butter.
We would be happy to consult on your next home renovation project. Click here to contact us.
Read a little bit about us and our disclaimer here.