Warm & creamy, sweet & tangy, smooth & rich – this soup is the perfect representation of how simple ingredients can manifest into something extraordinary with a little love and care! A classic in our home growing up, this soup reminds me of home and when life was simpler (it always is through the eyes of a child, I suppose.) So, come back in time with me and enjoy a little magic in a bowl!
What you will need…
¼ cup rice
5 cups low sodium chicken stock
2 cups plain yogurt
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp dried mint
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Boil rice in stock until soft.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and flour until well mixed, add yogurt and mix again. Add 1-2 tbsp of water to loosen the mixture and aid with incorporation.
- Put the egg, flour and yogurt mixture into a pot and begin cooking on low heat (to avoid the yogurt from curdling.) Stirring constantly, cook on low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the rice is soft, slowly add the rice and stock liquid into the cooked yogurt mixture. Stir and add the rice in small portions at a time. Boil on medium heat and then simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Once melted, add mint and stir for 20 seconds. Once mint is nicely coated, add to soup (be mindful not to burn the mint flakes.)
- Flavour the soup with salt & pepper to taste.
- If the soup thickens too much, add extra chicken stock and flavour accordingly.
We would be happy to consult on your next home renovation project. Click here to contact us.
Read a little bit about us and our disclaimer here.